You should back up ScriptRunner on a regular basis to ensure a quick recovery of the system. The configuration settings and PowerShell reports are especially important. This information is located on $env:ProgramData\ScriptRunner\ on your ScriptRunner server. You can choose from the following options for regular backups:
- Snapshot of the ScriptRunner Server VM
- Windows Backup
- Third party backup software
Perform the following steps to create a manual backup:
- Verify that PowerShell processes of running actions on the ScriptRunner server are active. Open the Task Manager and check processes named
– Windows PowerShell
Note: Also pay attention to PowerShell processes of other programs and users.
- Open PowerShell as administrator and stop the ScriptRunner service with Stop-AsrService.
Note: Make sure PowerShell is closed again.
- Backup the directory $env:ProgramData\ScriptRunner\.
- If you have changed the default settings, backup the folder Script Library as well.
Note: You can view your settings in the Admin Web App under the Settings or Script Library main menu.
- If changes have been made to the ScriptRunner Web Apps configuration files, backup the uri.js files and the /Custom/ folders in the following directories:
To manually restore an installation, you need:
- Setup of the last installed version
- Backup of the configuration
- Backup of the Script Library
Follow these steps for the restore:
- Install the ScriptRunner service.
- Install the ScriptRunner Web Apps.
- (Optional) Set up https for the Web Server and for the ScriptRunner service.
- Copy the complete $env:ProgramData\ScriptRunner\ directory from the reinstallation to a secure location.
- Copy the saved directory $env:ProgramData\ScriptRunner\ from the backup to $env:ProgramData\ScriptRunner\ on the ScriptRunner server.
- If changes have been made to the ScriptRunner Web App configuration file uri.js, copy it from the backup to the system, as well as the subfolders \Custom\.
- Open PowerShell as administrator and start the ScriptRunner service with Start-AsrService.
- Configure the ScriptRunner server and Connector settings with the ScriptRunnerSettings PowerShell module.
- Check the Admin Web App, that all items and reports are available.